20 Day Advanced Canine Communication Course
For the dog owner that wants the very best when it comes to reliable obedience and great behaviour shaping skills!
Part of our internal assessment process. Our resident house cats love to get in on the action and without fail are available at assessment time to 'help' the dogs out! They are totally fearless of dogs. Other regular training distractions include other dogs, ponies, sheep and ducks! Our assessment area is totally separate from any other training ground and presents the dogs with a host of new experiences in which to challenge their new skills. Just one of the many different ways we measure your dog's progress throughout its course!
Owners are always amazed at the difference 20 days can make. Obedience is taught to extremely high standards under distraction, both on and off lead. The Boarding School For Dogs exclusive Canine Good Behaviour Shaping techniques are also pre-taught by our professional trainers and included into this course.
This course goes up several levels beyond the 10 day option. We have your dog for longer and include much more into the training with the extra time.
Boarding School For Dogs Important Note:
We bring your dogs back home to you to prove they will be obedient and well behaved in their normal environment... under the kinds of distraction they encounter on a daily basis. We don't care if there are kids running around, cats, other dogs or if you're having a BBQ with friends and family. Distraction is a part of life and our proven training method has been developed to deal with virtually any scenario.
MORE full time trainers + MORE training + HIGHER standards + PROVEN, effective obedience and behaviour shaping techniques = SHORTER, but more PRODUCTIVE courses!
When your dog returns home, you will be professionally trained by friendly, skilled instructors using our proven hand-back system that can easily adapt to your individual home situation. This is the perfect starting point for either major behavioural rehabilitation (aggression/separation anxiety/nuisance barking) or for setting new and realistic rules for good behaviour around the home and elsewhere.
For more serious behavioural problems the 20 day course may be the most appropriate option for your dog. When you talk to a trainer we can discuss your individual situation and advise on the best course for your situation.
You will of course have training and behaviour shaping strategies to follow once your dog returns home again, but you will be truly amazed at how the new skills have come together and how well your dog can respond to the language of reinforcements and rewards. Your canine communication tool kit is now fully stocked and ready for action!
Call and talk to one of our professional trainers over the phone. We take the time to explain the training and answer all of your questions in detail. We want you to fully understand what to expect from our popular Boarding School For Dogs courses and how they can work for you and your dog!
Boarding school courses are available all year round,
however the dates that follow relate specifically to the special discount offer:
20 Day Boarding School Course For the price of a 10 Day Course (save $600)*
Dogs must be able to arrive for their course between:
Friday 15th or 16th of April 2016 [COURSE NOW FULL]
Friday 15th or 16th of July 2016 [COURSE NOW FULL]
Friday 11th or 12th of November 2016
Click here for more information
20 Day Course Prices
1 Dog: $1,700 Incl. GST
$850 deposit due on pick up, pay the balance when satisfied at the end of the professional hand-back session in your own home.
2 Dogs: $3,000 Incl. GST
$1,500 deposit due on pick up, pay the balance when satisfied at the end of the professional hand-back session in your own home.
Please contact us for substantial discounts on 3 or more dogs.
Please Note: Prices are subject to change at any time without notice.
Outside metropolitan Melbourne Enquiries:
Alpha Boarding School For Dogs regularly trains dogs from all over the state of Victoria. Due to extra time and travel requirements it is necessary to charge a little more to cover our costs. Charges will vary depending on location and can be quoted when you make an enquiry.
Alpha Boarding School For Dogs regularly trains dogs from around Australia. Due to extra time and travel requirements (and when necessary, accommodation) for the trainer and transport costs for the dogs, it is necessary to charge more to cover our costs. Charges will vary depending on state and location and be quoted when you make an enquiry.
The 20 Day Course
Your dog will stay at The Alpha Boarding Kennels – the truly quiet kennel. Setting new standards in quiet kennel management!
The Alpha Boarding Kennels is a full time boarding and training complex set on 10 acres with many different and challenging training areas plus a vast array of distractions specifically utilised by Boarding School For Dogs.
Value for money that can't be matched – upgraded inclusions on our 20 Day Advanced Boarding School For Dogs courses:
- We pick your dog up from your home at the start of the course and deliver it back to your home on the 20th day.
- Professional training by skilled Boarding School For Dogs trainers using our proven and effective Canine Leadership System.
- Exclusive Canine Good Behaviour Shaping techniques 'pre-trained' and then taught to you in your home!
- All boarding, feeding, brushing (if required).
- Regular play and exercise time each day.
- Basic groom (brush, nail clip, ears cleaned) and hydrobath and blow-dry before returning home.
- High quality, Australian made Blackdog lead & training halter plus specialised off-lead training collar.
- 100 page Boarding School For Dogs hand-back reference manual.
- Stylish photos of your dog in both a timber frame and a magnetic frame.
- Several hours of professional instruction in your own home!
- Boarding School For Dogs phone support line (immediate access to a professional trainer)
- FREE maintenance training for your dog during future stays at Alpha Boarding Kennels.
- 50% discount off optional Alpha Dog Training membership (weekly classes).
On Lead Training
- Heeling - Your dog will walk nicely by your side and sit automatically by your side when you stop.
- Sit & Drop - Your dog will sit and drop on command and will remain there until given another command or released.
- Sit & Drop Step-Away (stay) - Your dog will stay in the sit or drop position whilst you walk away... Under Distraction!
- Recall - We will imprint an effective, practical recall on lead and teach you how to work it to a reliable off lead standard in different environments.
This course is designed to give the owners a more in-depth level of control and understanding in relation to their dogs. All exercises are first done on lead, the stay exercises are done off lead... and then we demonstrate sit, drop, recall and stay exercises totally off-lead (to give you some idea of the standard - drop stays will have been pre-trained around the kennels to a level of 1 hour under distraction). With the extra time on this course your trainers practice off lead exercises in many, many different situations, usually with other dogs running around!
Off lead training is to an introductory level, but as you will see when your dog returns home, this is still a very high standard.
Canine Good Behaviour Shaping
This course includes extra behavioural shaping exercises that are pre-taught during the 20 day period before your dog comes home.
Behaviour shaping includes: not jumping up on people, not jumping on couches or chairs... or people sitting down (unless invited), not pinching food off coffee tables, not barging through doors or gates (until invited), behaving in a calm manner when inside.
As with all our training, everything is demonstrated under distraction in and around your home when we return your dog back to you!
The main differences between 10 and 20 day courses:
- The Canine Good Behaviour Shaping is included in the 20 day course option with the exercises pre-taught before your dog comes home again. The extra time allows the trainers to set up more behaviour shaping scenarios that also complement higher levels of obedience.
- The off-lead obedience is also included in the 20 day course option. The extra time allows for higher standards of obedience under distraction.
- For more serious and undesirable problems, we can structure the training and behaviour shaping over a longer period of time and specifically stimulate targeted behaviours in controlled scenarios. This is particularly important for extreme, obsessive, nuisance or aggressive behaviours and the 20 day course has proven to be so effective in providing owners with valuable skills for the rehabilitation of dogs with these issues!